We are renewable energy specialists.
We bring the future, today.
We foster and nurture a collaborative and cooperative culture. We aim to build long-term partnerships with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders to achieve our common goals.
We are innovators at heart. In anticipating our customers’ needs, we push boundaries in exploring new and innovative possibilities and solutions.
We recognise the urgency of climate action. Together, we strive to find solutions to combat climate change and its impacts for the betterment of all.
We are honest, open and equitable. Our ethical positioning is inspired by our team’s shared belief in the need to listen to and respect the views of others and to be responsible for our actions.
We are motivated to provide a quality experience for all. We set high standards in our policies, procedures and practices and support our team to continue to meet these standards through personal and professional development.
Co-Founder & CEO
- 28 years experience in the energy sector with strong technical and commercial focus
- Started and majority owner of decentralised power company Cogent Energy in Australia which was sold to Origin Energy (Mkt CAP 12.5B) in 2009
- Started and majority owner of renewable and energy services company CES Energy in Ireland which was sold to Centrica Plc (FT100) in 2019
- Developed and delivered a range of large scale energy projects using a variety of technologies across the globe.
- Energy board adviser into SGB in ME (Group Turnover $25B)
- Finalist in the 2008 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year
- Engineering degree from Trinity College, Dublin & MBA from University College, Dublin; completed the Leadership for Growth programme run by Duke Corporate Education (not-for-profit support corporation for Duke University)
- Tom is a highly respected energy advisor and has acted in this role for many large international companies.
- Tom has delivered keynote addresses at international energy conferences and is considered to be an industry leader in the field of energy generation and energy efficiency.
Chief Technology Officer
- 14 years experience in the energy sector, across research, teaching and industry.
- Previous roles include CEO and Head of Policy at Wind Energy Ireland, and Associate Professor at Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Co-founder of multiple trade associations in Ireland including Renewable Energy Ireland, the Irish District Energy Association and Energy Storage Ireland.
- Mechanical Engineering degree from University of Limerick, and PhD in Renewable Energy jointly awarded from University of Limerick and Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Invited to provide evidence at two Joint Oireachtas Committee sessions on Energy Policy (2018) and the General Scheme of the Marine Planning and Development Management Bill (2020).
- Contributor and spokesperson on the climate change agenda in print, digital and broadcast media at local and national levels. Featured on programmes such as Prime Time, EcoEye, Ear to the Ground, RTÉ News, Morning Ireland, Drivetime, and Newstalk.
- Lead author and coordinator of the Heat Roadmap Europe series of research, which informed numerous heating and cooling policies in the European Commission and provided the scientific evidence for their first-ever Heating and Cooling Strategy.
- Respected international expert on Renewable Energy having delivered over 50 presentations around the world, and to key stakeholders in Dáil Éireann, the Scottish Government, the European Parliament and the European Commission.
- Led the research which underpinned the Irish government setting a 70% renewable electricity target for 2030.
- Winner of the Globe Forum ‘Early Career Research Award’ and Gold medal recipient from the University of Limerick for the highest academic results for his graduating year (out of approximately 2,200 students).
- One of the lead developers behind the Advanced Energy Systems Analysis tool, EnergyPLAN (www.EnergyPLAN.eu). Involved in the backend and frontend coding of the software as well as defining its strategic development. Using this tool, David created the first model of a 100% renewable energy system for Ireland across electricity, heat, and transport. The latest version, Green Plan Ireland, has been used by a number of senior stakeholders in Irish energy policy.
- Designed and commercialised a novel software tool to find locations for constructing pumped hydroelectric energy storage in collaboration with Atlas Computers Ltd.
- Taught over 10,000 student-hours of material at all levels, from young children aged 8 to advanced PhD courses.
Co-Founder & Advisor to CEO
- Chartered Engineer and Chartered Director with over 30 years work experience in general management
- Currently working as Director and private investor in a number of companies such as StayCity, ElectroRoute, Island Renewables (Ireland) and Pioneer Green Energy (Texas)
- Previous roles include Head of Strategy for SSE Group and Head of the renewable energy business for SSE
- Prior to this played a key role over a 10 year period founding & building the Airtricity business, making it a world leading renewable energy company in Europe and North America. The company was a retailer of Electricity in Ireland creating the Airtricity retail brand
- Successfully sold the Airtricity North American operations to EON for circa €900 million and then completed the sale of the rest of the company to SSE for €1,100 million
- Engineering degree from Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin & MBA from Trinity College, Dublin
- Paul’s specialties include: Renewable Energy, Strategy and Business Development
Co-Founder & General Manager
- Nearly 10 years experience in the energy sector with strong project development and project financing focus
- Previous Commercial Manager with Centrica Business Solutions Ireland and previously CES Energy
- Developed and delivered a 5MW solar PV project for Dale Farm, Northern Ireland, commissioned in 2018. Responsible for all phases including planning, grid connection, land leases & wayleaves, design, EPC & O&M contract, client PPA, be-spoke grid sharing agreement, export PPA, securing of project equity & debt financing
- Delivered financial close on a 8MW thermal & 1.2MW electrical biomass ORC/CHP project in Ireland, commissioned in 2019. Responsible for the preparation of key contracts and management of stakeholders through the due diligence process to secure equity & debt financing
- Engineering degree from University College, Dublin & Masters in Energy Engineering from University College, Dublin; Entrance Scholar to UCD
- Pat’s specialties include: Renewable Energy, Commercial Modelling, Project Development, Project Financing and Financial Close Delivery & Management