We are renewable energy specialists.
We bring the future, today.
We foster and nurture a collaborative and cooperative culture. We aim to build long-term partnerships with customers, suppliers, and stakeholders to achieve our common goals.
We are innovators at heart. In anticipating our customers’ needs, we push boundaries in exploring new and innovative possibilities and solutions.
We recognise the urgency of climate action. Together, we strive to find solutions to combat climate change and its impacts for the betterment of all.
We are honest, open and equitable. Our ethical positioning is inspired by our team’s shared belief in the need to listen to and respect the views of others and to be responsible for our actions.
We are motivated to provide a quality experience for all. We set high standards in our policies, procedures and practices and support our team to continue to meet these standards through personal and professional development.
Co-Founder & CEO
- 30 years experience in the energy sector with strong technical and commercial focus
- Started and majority owner of decentralised power company Cogent Energy in Australia which was sold to Origin Energy (Mkt CAP 12.5B) in 2009
- Started and majority owner of renewable and energy services company CES Energy in Ireland which was sold to Centrica Plc (FT100) in 2019
- Developed and delivered a range of large scale energy projects using a variety of technologies across the globe.
- Energy board adviser into SGB in ME (Group Turnover $25B)
- Finalist in the 2008 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year
- Engineering degree from Trinity College, Dublin & MBA from University College, Dublin; completed the Leadership for Growth programme run by Duke Corporate Education (not-for-profit support corporation for Duke University)
- Tom is a highly respected energy advisor and has acted in this role for many large international companies.
- Tom has delivered keynote addresses at international energy conferences and is considered to be an industry leader in the field of energy generation and energy efficiency.
Co-Founder & Advisor to CEO
- Chartered Engineer and Chartered Director with over 30 years work experience in general management
- Currently working as Director and private investor in a number of companies such as StayCity, ElectroRoute, Island Renewables (Ireland) and Pioneer Green Energy (Texas)
- Previous roles include Head of Strategy for SSE Group and Head of the renewable energy business for SSE
- Prior to this played a key role over a 10-year period founding & building the Airtricity business, making it a world-leading renewable energy company in Europe and North America. The company was a retailer of Electricity in Ireland, creating the Airtricity retail brand
- Successfully sold the Airtricity North American operations to EON for circa €900 million and then completed the sale of the rest of the company to SSE for €1,100 million
- Engineering degree from Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin & MBA from Trinity College, Dublin
- Paul’s specialities include: Renewable Energy, Strategy and Business Development.
Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer
- 10 years experience in the energy sector with strong project development and project financing focus
- Instrumental in building Astatine from inception to-date, building team and project pipeline, delivering multiple solar PV and heat pump projects and securing €25m project re-financing facility to fund Astatine PPA projects
- Former Commercial Manager with Centrica Business Solutions Ireland and previously CES Energy
- Developed and delivered a 5MW solar PV project for Dale Farm, Northern Ireland, commissioned in 2018
- Delivered financial close on a 8MW thermal & 1.2MW electrical biomass ORC/CHP project in Ireland, commissioned in 2019
- Engineering degree from University College, Dublin & Masters in Energy Engineering from University College, Dublin; Entrance Scholar to UCD
- Pat’s specialties include: Renewable Energy, Commercial Modelling, Project Financing and Financial Close Delivery & Management
Registered Office: Suite 301, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8, D08T1WY
Registered No. 660439
VAT No. 3682885IH
Directors: Tom Marren, Pat Nolan